Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July

So let me start by saying I love Ann Arbor, but it does not have any country pride. It doesn't shot off fireworks or even have a parade. So we had to improvise. The Quinns threw a great party involving food, games and of course fireworks. Our friends live on a pond and Chris decided to build a boat to light fireworks off.


Here he is with his boat. Yes that is the "8" and "3" from NASCAR. He was trying to be super white trash. NASCAR is big in Michigan. We have not found the love for it, yet.

We also put a little country pride on it. USA!!

Here it is in action with all the kids watching.


Here is part of the crew watching the show



Marissa wanted to sit on my lap while I was trying to eat. I guess she caught eye of my Schnicerdoddle. I licked off all the chocolate. If you look closely you can see that her face and hands are covered in it. We had a great time celebrating the 4th with our great friends.
HAPPY 4th of JULY




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a fun holiday! Happy 4th of July!

Elizabeth said...

Great party! I loved the boat too. By the way, there is a parade downtown, but we didn't make it, so I don't know if it is like the ones in Utah. Maybe next year?!

Jenny said...

I'm jealous I wasn't there. Thanks for showing the pic of the raft, I totally thought it was like some manmade raft that you guys all floated out on. HA HA...I am still impressed though! I'm sure Mark would have had a fun time with that!