Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Balboa Island, California

Last minute trip to California.
I worked a night shift Saturday into Sunday, then I came home and slept till 1. Chris woke me up and asked if I wanted to go join my family in California. Three hours later I was on a plane to California. It was so much fun. Great to be with family and have warm weather.


Zach slept for the whole flight from Chicago to LAX. He was a dream. It didn't hurt that the seat next to me was empty. When I arrived, Taylor was waiting at the gate and told me that Natalie had just decided to join us as well. She was getting a flight the next morning. Crazy!

Disneyland with the Family.
We were missing Dad (at a business meeting) and Bradford (on his mission).
Chris and James (working at home)
As you can see in the photo, Marquel has on Tinker Bell wings. She would not take them off the whole trip. She loves Tink.
Zach's first time to Disneyland. He was good for about 5 hours and then had it. I would have to say pretty good for a 7 month old. His favorite ride was Pirates of the Caribbean.


Zach got to take a ride in Marquel's Pink Stroller so she could sleep. He is doing his kissy face, which he either is doing this or smiling. Silly kid.

Marquel's nap time at Disneyland


Ferry ride over to Newport Beach
Emily, Natalie and Hunter
Zach's first time at the beach

Checking out the sand. He loved to play with it and eat it.

First time in the ocean. It was freezing. He didn't mind it at all. In fact he started crying when I took him out. He got in up to his waist. He loved to watch the kids run in and out with the waves. What a brave little kid. It took me a good 10 minutes to get all the way in.


Marquel and Zach at dinner. Marquel wasn't too sure about Zach. He kept steeling her menu and crayons. He thought it was really funny.

It was so much fun staying on Balboa Island. We would walk the island at least twice a day. Here we are on one of our walks.

We had so much fun, back to reality work and cold weather.

2 comments:

Egan Family said...

Talk about last min...i bet that made it that much funner!! Sounds like Zach did awesome at disneyland!! I'm still waiting for the perfect time to take my kids!! I'm glad you had such a good time with the family!!

Elizabeth said...

I am completely jealous that you were at Disneyland, I LOVE that place. And, you got to see the sun, and wear warm weather clothes!! How was that?! Is Zach as big as Marquel?