Saturday, October 27, 2007

Connecticut

In August my mom moved to Connecticut. I was really bummed when she did. But this past week I went to go visit her. She is so close to so many cool things. Here are a few pictures from all the great adventures we had.

Here we are in Rockefeller Park in NYC. It was so much fun trying to see everything in one day. We just hopped on a train and boom we were in NYC.
Chris had an interview in NYC while we were there. We met up for lunch and the NY Stock Exchange.

Here I am at Time Square


This is the beach 10 minutes away from my mom's house. Isn't she so lucky??


Since I am going to be working Halloween night. I decided to have a party while I was there with Chips' Kids (George and Annie), my mom, and Chip. Here we are with our Carmel Apples.

We also carved pumpkins. Here are our creations. Pretty scary, huh?

On Saturday we went to Boston. This was my first time to Boston. They had a huge pumpkin carving station at Government Square. There were thousand and thousand of carved pumpkins on display. It was all for a charity to help terminally ill kids.

Of course we walked the freedom trail. Here I am a Paul Revere's grave. The one on the left is before Longbottom wrote the poem and the one on the right it after.
We also went to the fancy vacation town, Newport, Rhode Island. They had huge mansions. We had lunch right on the water.
I love the east coast. It was so fun seeing a few places and just being with my mom. She lives in a great place. I hope I can go visit her more.

9 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

I had no idea your mom moved!! That is a cool place to live - holy cow. What took her away from Park City? I am shocked. That is one of the coolest pumpkin pics I've ever seen. I love all the carved pumpkins. And the beach is truly awesome....I love Utah but there definitely are some awesome places to live out there! Thanks for the fun pics!

Unknown said...

Michelle FINALLY! I have been waiting for you to post new pics. It looks like you and your mom had so much fun together. You and your mom look so much ALIKE it is crazy. I love the picture with you guys and all the pumpkins that is so cool! I miss you. Are you coming home for thanksgiving?

Sharon said...

You look just like your mom, should could easily pass for a sister. It looks like you had an awesome trip! Great Pictures!

Elizabeth said...

I am pretty jealous at your whole trip...what a blast, but I am glad you are finally home!!

Erica said...

You are such a world traveler! What great pictures, and what a fun trip. I especially love the picture of you with all the carved pumpkins. So cool!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Yeah Michelle! Oh, I was just telling my husband about Elementary School, and what good buds we used to be! How about that. IT was SO good to see pictures of you and your mother! I miss you guys! I am glad to finally catch up!
~Mindy Miles Smith~

Anonymous said...

Hi!! Glad to see you have a blog so I don't completely lose you. :) Your mom is really cute--looks just like you. I'm sure you get that all the time.

Lisa said...

Seriously, you do look a ton like your mom!

Jocee Bergeson said...

Tag! You're it! (See my BLOG) :)